How You Can Become a Member:
If you’re interested in joining the Rotary Club of Fort Myers, begin by attending a few meetings as the guest of a current member or help out with one of our service or fundraising projects. Also, learn about Rotary International and its mission. Then, your sponsor can propose you to the Club as a new member.
After being proposed as a new member, your completed application will then be presented to the membership committee who will advise the club’s board of directors on your application. If the board approves your membership, your sponsor will be notified and request that your name be added to the membership roster. If no objection is made by a member within seven days, you will be invited to become a member.
At the next information meeting, the sponsor will accompany you, as a new member, for induction into the club.
Prospective members must:
- Hold (or be retired from) a professional, executive, managerial, or community position. We welcome potential members whose current primary vocation is family manager.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to service through personal involvement.
- Attend meetings and participate in service and fundraising projects.
- Agree to follow the Four-Way Test of the things we think, say, and do in your dealings with others
If you are a college student, please seek out a Rotaract Club near you, and if you are a high school student, you can join an Interact Club near you.
If you have questions about membership, please contact our office at 239-332-8158.
The Four-way Test
- Is it the Truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?